IPS e.max® is an advanced pressed ceramic of an even greater strength than that of the original Empress product. This next generation ceramic is chemically “Lithium Disilicate” crystals. This product can be used to create limited bridgework with moderate to heavy connectors. Indications are for appliances with light occlusion.
- 400 MPa flexural strength
- Lithium DiSilicate glass crystals
- Waxed to contour
- Can build on enamel porcelains
- Bondable and cementable
- Single esthetic crowns and some bridges
- Stronger than Leucite re-enforced
- Predictable contours
- Natural variations of color and translucency
- All options from temporary to permanent
- Inlays, onlays, crowns, some 3 unit bridges
At DDS Lab, our professional staff is fully trained and certified to use these materials to maximize the esthetic qualities made possible by this proven product. There are limitations to the types of preparations and margins necessary for success with the glass ceramics. Generally, the preparations should be well tapered and provide rounded line angles. The margin type should be a shoulder or deep chamfer preparation.