Start with an accurate bite registration and void-free impression using a custom tray.
Individually designed and fabricated by experienced professionals, Fierce Mouthguards™ offer premium protection. Although more expensive than more traditional methods, these are considerably more comfortable and less inhibiting while in the mouth while providing protection.
Fierce Mouthguards™ Product Details
- Lip, cheek and chin lacerations
- Broken teeth
- Displaced teeth
- Permanent jaw joint injury
- Neck injuries
Upper and lower models are needed, including a bite registration of 3 mm thickness at a rest position. To get the most accurate oral fit, an opposing model and bite is necessary. Without an opposing, the doctor may need to do adjustments and there will be no cuspid indentation.
Ensure an accurate impression of all soft and hard tissue areas, especially the vestibule and peripheral areas. Capturing the vestibule areas is critical as this helps with proper retention and protection.
If a mouthguard is made for a patient with orthodontic brackets, the arch wire must be removed to allow for accurate impression or the brackets and wire can be blocked out prior to fabrication.
- Precision occlusal indexing
- High-impact energy absorption
- 3.0 to 5.0 mm of protection
- 10X more protection than off-the-shelf mouthguards
Currently, the ADA recommends mouthguards for the following sports:
- Martial Arts
- Water Polo
- Weight Lifting
- Ice Hockey
- Field Hockey
With the increase in both the number and cost of sports-related trauma to the teeth, athletes and people in general, are seeking both the most up to date technology and comfort available in a mouthguard.
Researchers are actively studying how mouthguards may aid in reducing the severity and number of concussions by helping to absorb and disperse the impact of a severe blow to the chin, face, or head.
THIS TECHTALK WE TALK…
- What is a sports mouthguard?
- Who needs a mouthguard?
- What are mouthguard differences?
- Why use a mouthguard?
- What are sport-specific protection levels?
- And more…
CONTACT US TODAY
DDS LAB IS YOUR LAB PARTNER THAT DELIVERS QUALITY AT EVERY STEP
- Full-service NBC Certified Dental Lab
- Certified Dental Technicians available for case planning
- Member of National Association of Dental Laboratories (NADL)
- Exclusively utilize fully approved FDA materials
- Experienced fixed and removable specialists on staff
- Whether you know exactly what you need, or you’re looking for advice on a complex case, we’re here for you