Arch development appliances are designed to exert force to create space for crowded teeth and to help with widening or lengthening the arch. There are fixed and removable options and many different variations.
Removable appliances are more versatile because of the wide variety of design options available. They can be customized to perform different types of movement, for example in one or three directions, or only specific teeth with individual springs. It is also more hygienic because it can be removed from the mouth for cleaning. However, it does require patient compliance due to the fact it can be removed. The patient must commit to full-time wear to achieve and maintain movement.
The fixed versions are typically attached to bands, which are cemented to the teeth and are removed once the expansion is complete. Because they are fixed they require minimal patient compliance.
Custom appliances are available (Examples: E-Arch, Mini RPE, Bonded RPE)
CONTACT US TODAY
DDS LAB IS YOUR LAB PARTNER THAT DELIVERS QUALITY AT EVERY STEP
- Full-service NBC Certified Dental Lab
- Certified Dental Technicians available for case planning
- Member of National Association of Dental Laboratories (NADL)
- Exclusively utilize fully approved FDA materials
- Experienced fixed and removable specialists on staff
- Whether you know exactly what you need, or you’re looking for advice on a complex case, we’re here for you